eMC helps pharma fulfil their regulatory requirements to make their reference safety information as accessible as possible which enables HCPs and patients to make informed decision about medicines.
Comprising of information on over 95% of medicines prescribed in the UK, the electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC) is a free-to-use, one-stop shop for up-to-date, approved and regulated medical prescribing and patient information in the UK.
The eMC has more than 11,000 documents, all of which have been checked and approved by the regulators which license medicines. These agencies are the UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
Being a subscriber to the eMC publishing service provides Pharma with a range of benefits
- Target audience – With over 50m visits to the eMC per year Pharma can immediately engage with a vast audience who are actively seeking medicines information
- Easy compliance & efficiencies – Joining the eMC gives you access to ‘eMC Plus’ which provides additional regulatory and cost-saving services enabling companies to fulfil and demonstrate regulatory requirements cost-effectively
- Efficient – Publishing your reference safety information on the eMC can decrease internal costs by reducing the volume of calls to Medical Information specialists
- Single source of truth – The eMC puts you in control of your own information allowing you to decide what to publish and when, in a fully auditable process. This allows you to use the eMC as your organisation’s single source of truth, removing the need to store multiple copies of key documents on local file systems and repositories
- Safe harbour for digitised product information – Providing peace of mind through being Code of Practice compliant, the eMC appears on the first page of Google search results for 80% of medicines published on the eMC ensuring that the right people find the authoritative medicines information
For Healthcare Professionals, Patients & Carers
The eMC provides a ready source of information for those seeking authoritative medicine information
- Non-promotional – All of the content on the eMC is non-promotional and has been checked and approved by either the UK or European government agencies (EMA or MHRA)
- Available 24/7/365 – The eMC can be accessed wherever you are on a connected device – Mobile, tablet or computer
- Comprehensive – With over 11,000 documents from over 250 pharmaceutical companies, the eMC has information about more than 95% of prescribed products in the UK. Whether you’ve lost your information leaflet or want to print it out for a patient or yourself you’re sure to find it on the eMC.
- Accessible – We’ve partnered with the Royal Institute for Blind People (RNIB) to enable patient information leaflets to be delivered in formats suitable for the visually impaired
- Medicine change information – Follow important updates – the eMC provides detailed change information about products enabling you to keep abreast of medicines that are important to you or those in your care.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
If you’d like to find out more information, please fill in the form below and one of our representatives will be in touch shortly.